My name is George, Welcome to the site, This Website was started for the love of food, cooking and eating, finding new places to explore all over Long Island and New York, I want people to read the great things there are in cooking and exploring different cultures that we have all over Long Island, we will bring you recipes to try, food and drinks, restaurant reviews and events, videos of the places we go and see, foods we eat, just a lot of fun, I started my journey in cooking at a young age watching my grandma Wright and my mom cook all kinds of foods the old ways back then there wasn’t any microwaves everything was from scratch. As i got out of school i landed a great job with chef Andy Whitcomb at a cafeteria they used to run in Bethpage I started at the bottom and worked my way up the ladder learning all i could along the way till one day i became the head chef, I was cooking for 500 people a day it was great for a few years then i went to work for The Skyline princess a cruise ship that did tours and weddings i became in time the commander and kitchen manager there for a few years till i got burnt out from 20 hour days. from there i went into catering with chef Frank Sullivan a great guy but a lonely man lol sorry Frank. ( a little inside joke). After a few years there i wanted to experience what a real working kitchen was like with making food to order so i signed on with Frank pignataro at E.B. ELLIOT’S in Freeport was a great experience but the three floors i had to climb up each day for prep work and bringing supplies up and down wore my knees out with my weight, so now i work with my wife Ailyn the boss at George Parsons Roofing and Siding in Franklin Square, but i still cook almost everyday for me and my wife i wont stop i love it.
- Oddfellows’ Gingerbread-Ice-Cream Cake; Graham Elliot Opens His Greenwich Restaurant OddFellows is offering a limited-edition Gingerbread Holiday Ice Cream Cake featuring spiced-gingerbread ice cream layered with orange-and-olive-oil cake, spiced cherries, and ginger crumbs, and garnished with chocolate and gingerbread-men cookies. The cake is available in store for pickup between December 14 and 24, or by free delivery on Seamless. For al […]
- Pork Medallions with Apple-Walnut SlawHere's something you probably already know: the EDF test kitchen loves chicken! But even though we're fans of fowl, occasionally we're looking for something a little bit different (but just ...
- Salmon with Fennel, Bell Pepper, and OlivesWe know you don't have countless hours to make dinner -- neither do we! When we're short on time but still have to feed the people we love, ...
- Biscoff Hot ChocolateBiscoff spread is a peanut butter-like spread made of speculoos cookies. Speculoos are buttery, brown sugar and spice-flavored cookies that are similar to gingersnaps and are popular in the Netherlands (and elsewhere!), especially around the Christmas season. I keep a jar of the spread around my house for spreading on everything from toast to apple ...
- Frosted Snowman Cupcake MoldsI probably spend more time decorating cookies and cupcakes around the holidays than I do the rest of the year. I always want my cakes and cookies to look nice, of course, but all the cutout cookies and festive cakes of the Christmas season make me want to decorate just a little bit more and ...
- Low-Fat Recipes: Black Beans con Jalapeno4.68 / 5 Stars | 20 Reviews by AMY BARTHELEMY "This salad is a cool combination of hominy, black beans, sweet and hot peppers, picante and spices." View Complete Recipe Details and Reviews […]
- Low-Calorie Recipes: Slow Cooker Vegetable Chili4.22 / 5 Stars | 117 Reviews by CORWYNN DARKHOLME "This is a very zesty and hearty chili recipe loaded with vegetables. Garnish with sour cream and cheese, if desired, and serve with herb toast." View Complete Recipe Details and Reviews […]
- Healthy Makeover Recipes: Healthier Boilermaker Tailgate Chili4.76 / 5 Stars | 14 Reviews by MakeItHealthy "A hearty and delicious chili perfect for football season is made healthier with reduced fat and sodium content. Still packed with meat, beans, and spices, it's sure to please even the most dedicated fan." View Complete Recipe Details and Reviews […]
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Industry urgently needs to focus on food fraudThe food industry must do more to prevent food fraud, says an interim UK government report commissioned to assess food integrity in the wake of the horse meat crisis.
- Sugar limits should be halved to protect teeth: StudyWorld Health Organisation (WHO) recommendations for added sugar intake should be halved to protect teeth from dental caries, suggests a review published in the Journal of Dental Research.
- Chocolate in the tropics: Heat tolerant cocoa butter replacer with mango seed fatA cocoa butter replacer derived from mango seed fat and palm stearin could help chocolate withstand high temperatures and may benefit manufacturers in tropical countries, according to a study.
- © Dale Anderson
Wine Wednesday: Ever wonder when you should...© Dale Anderson Wine Wednesday: Ever wonder when you should should use a decanter for wine? Wine expert and author Tyler Colman (a.k.a. Dr. Vino) weighs in on the practice.
- Ramen legend Ivan Orkin made an incredible lunch in the F&W...Ramen legend Ivan Orkin made an incredible lunch in the F&W Test Kitchen today. Above, a smoked whitefish donburi with salmon roe, sweet soy dashi and scallion. Below, chili eggplant mazemen ramen with homemade rye noodles. You can try these dishes yourself at Ivan Ramen Slurp Shop, located in New York’s incredible new food hall Gotham West Market. (Phot […]