My name is George, Welcome to the site, This Website was started for the love of food, cooking and eating, finding new places to explore all over Long Island and New York, I want people to read the great things there are in cooking and exploring different cultures that we have all over Long Island, we will bring you recipes to try, food and drinks, restaurant reviews and events, videos of the places we go and see, foods we eat, just a lot of fun, I started my journey in cooking at a young age watching my grandma Wright and my mom cook all kinds of foods the old ways back then there wasn’t any microwaves everything was from scratch. As i got out of school i landed a great job with chef Andy Whitcomb at a cafeteria they used to run in Bethpage I started at the bottom and worked my way up the ladder learning all i could along the way till one day i became the head chef, I was cooking for 500 people a day it was great for a few years then i went to work for The Skyline princess a cruise ship that did tours and weddings i became in time the commander and kitchen manager there for a few years till i got burnt out from 20 hour days. from there i went into catering with chef Frank Sullivan a great guy but a lonely man lol sorry Frank. ( a little inside joke). After a few years there i wanted to experience what a real working kitchen was like with making food to order so i signed on with Frank pignataro at E.B. ELLIOT’S in Freeport was a great experience but the three floors i had to climb up each day for prep work and bringing supplies up and down wore my knees out with my weight, so now i work with my wife Ailyn the boss at George Parsons Roofing and Siding in Franklin Square, but i still cook almost everyday for me and my wife i wont stop i love it.
- Trader Joe’s Chocolate Chip Scone Mix, reviewedSome scone mixes require you to add cream. Others require you to cut in butter and add additional ingredients, which is one step away from making scones from scratch (which will likely be less expensive than using the “mix” consindering how much you have to add in yourself). The easiest scone mixes require nothing but ...
- Bites from other BlogsA slice of Cappuccino Marble Cheesecake with Fudge Sauce is probably not the first thing that comes to mind when you think about eating a little bit lighter, but Taming of the Spoon was able to lighten this decadent cheesecake a little bit by using reduced fat cream cheese. The cheesecake doesn’t feel any less ...
- Low-Fat Recipes: Black-Eyed Pea Gumbo4.44 / 5 Stars | 361 Reviews by Lynn "A winter time favorite at our house. We always have it for New Year's Day while we watch football! Serve with a tossed salad and corn bread." View Complete Recipe Details and Reviews
- Low-Calorie Recipes: Mediterranean Medley Salad4.64 / 5 Stars | 31 Reviews by USA WEEKEND "According to recent studies, a Mediterranean diet is one of the healthiest diets around. This marinated salad made with olive oil and garden fresh vegetables is a good introduction to this healthy eating style." View Complete Recipe Details and Reviews
- Healthy Makeover Recipes: Healthier Double Tomato Bruschetta5 / 5 Stars | 4 Reviews by MakeItHealthy "This bruschetta features low-fat cheese, less oil, and whole grain bread. Bursting with flavor from sundried tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and basil, you won't notice it's a healthier version of the original." View Complete Recipe Details and Reviews
If you like the events and recipes i bring to you each week please help with the cost of the website, if everyone that visits donated just $1.00 it would mean the world to the site and help it grow in time, let me say thank you in advance for your support and visit.
- Regional Foods Face-Off — America’s Best Cook Bracket Challenge, Round 3
- More to Mash — Sensational Sides
- A Healthy Dinner That’s Also Quick? How About 7 of Them?
- Dessert for Breakfast: Stationery for the Doughnut Lover in All of Us
- Restaurant Revisited: Treading Water at Bryant’s Seafood World
- The Flavors of Ham and Cheese in a Savory Bread Pudding
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Unilever hints at offloading Ragu and SlimFast brands as food sales fall shortFood and consumer goods giant Unilever has hinted at the sale of brands including Ragu and SlimFast as growth from its food business struggles to compete with better-than-expected Q1 results in other divisions.
- Five-a-day? We can’t afford one a week, say 25% of BritsAusterity and rising food prices have hit healthy eating habits hard in the UK, with one in four Brits revealing they have not bought any fresh fruit or vegetables in the last week.