My name is George, Welcome to the site, This Website was started for the love of food, cooking and eating, finding new places to explore all over Long Island and New York, I want people to read the great things there are in cooking and exploring different cultures that we have all over Long Island, we will bring you recipes to try, food and drinks, restaurant reviews and events, videos of the places we go and see, foods we eat, just a lot of fun, I started my journey in cooking at a young age watching my grandma Wright and my mom cook all kinds of foods the old ways back then there wasn’t any microwaves everything was from scratch. As i got out of school i landed a great job with chef Andy Whitcomb at a cafeteria they used to run in Bethpage I started at the bottom and worked my way up the ladder learning all i could along the way till one day i became the head chef, I was cooking for 500 people a day it was great for a few years then i went to work for The Skyline princess a cruise ship that did tours and weddings i became in time the commander and kitchen manager there for a few years till i got burnt out from 20 hour days. from there i went into catering with chef Frank Sullivan a great guy but a lonely man lol sorry Frank. ( a little inside joke). After a few years there i wanted to experience what a real working kitchen was like with making food to order so i signed on with Frank pignataro at E.B. ELLIOT’S in Freeport was a great experience but the three floors i had to climb up each day for prep work and bringing supplies up and down wore my knees out with my weight, so now i work with my wife Ailyn the boss at George Parsons Roofing and Siding in Franklin Square, but i still cook almost everyday for me and my wife i wont stop i love it.
- What is clear vanilla?There is more than one type of vanilla flavoring on the market. There is vanilla extract, which is made by macerating vanilla beans in an alcohol solution to extract the beans’ natural flavors, and there is imitation or artificial vanilla extract, which is produced with synthetic vanillin, the same compound that is naturally found in vanilla beans. You ...
- Nordic Ware Pinata Cake PanA pinata cake is a cake that has a surprise inside, just like the pinatas that you might find hanging up at a kids birthday party. The cakes are constructed to have a hollow space in the center and that space is filled with sprinkles, candies or chocolates, which come spilling out when the cake ...
- Low-Fat Recipes: Red Hot Applesauce Jell-O(R)4.64 / 5 Stars | 9 Reviews by kdriggs13 "An easy but flavorful gelatin side dish needs just four ingredients; cinnamon candies, applesauce, gelatin mix, and water. It's a great condiment to serve alongside a ham or turkey for the holidays." View Complete Recipe Details and Reviews
- Low-Calorie Recipes: Quick and Easy Hummus2.33 / 5 Stars | 3 Reviews by Cocoanut "This basic version of a favorite middle-eastern dish is irresistible!" View Complete Recipe Details and Reviews
- Healthy Makeover Recipes: Healthier Alfredo Sauce4 / 5 Stars | 2 Reviews by MakeItHealthy "This healthier version of traditional alfredo sauce uses less butter and cream. The addition of zucchini adds color, flavor and texture." View Complete Recipe Details and Reviews
If you like the events and recipes i bring to you each week please help with the cost of the website, if everyone that visits donated just $1.00 it would mean the world to the site and help it grow in time, let me say thank you in advance for your support and visit.
- Best 5 Potato Salad Recipes
- Inside the Impossible: All-New Restaurant: Impossible Special to Air for 100th Episode
- Breakfast of the Month: Orange and Grapefruit with Vanilla-Bean Honey
- DIY Cleaning Products for Earth Day
- Earth Day Dinners, Powdered Alcohol and a Couple of Costly Tacos
- 10 Festive Kid-Approved Eats for Spring Birthday Parties
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Space…The final frontier for Yakult probiotics? 6-year study confirmedProbiotic pioneer Yakult’s little bottles are to feature in a 6-year, gravity-free study at the International Space Station (ISS).
- Food firms must cater for consumers on autopilotFood and drink manufacturers need to make their products appear to be an effortless choice for consumers operating on autopilot and stop over rationalising their habits, advises leading behavioural scientist Dr Nick Southgate.