My name is George, Welcome to the site, This Website was started for the love of food, cooking and eating, finding new places to explore all over Long Island and New York, I want people to read the great things there are in cooking and exploring different cultures that we have all over Long Island, we will bring you recipes to try, food and drinks, restaurant reviews and events, videos of the places we go and see, foods we eat, just a lot of fun, I started my journey in cooking at a young age watching my grandma Wright and my mom cook all kinds of foods the old ways back then there wasn’t any microwaves everything was from scratch. As i got out of school i landed a great job with chef Andy Whitcomb at a cafeteria they used to run in Bethpage I started at the bottom and worked my way up the ladder learning all i could along the way till one day i became the head chef, I was cooking for 500 people a day it was great for a few years then i went to work for The Skyline princess a cruise ship that did tours and weddings i became in time the commander and kitchen manager there for a few years till i got burnt out from 20 hour days. from there i went into catering with chef Frank Sullivan a great guy but a lonely man lol sorry Frank. ( a little inside joke). After a few years there i wanted to experience what a real working kitchen was like with making food to order so i signed on with Frank pignataro at E.B. ELLIOT’S in Freeport was a great experience but the three floors i had to climb up each day for prep work and bringing supplies up and down wore my knees out with my weight, so now i work with my wife Ailyn the boss at George Parsons Roofing and Siding in Franklin Square, but i still cook almost everyday for me and my wife i wont stop i love it.
- What is the Best Frosting for Ice Cream Cake?Ice cream cakes are fun to make at home because it is easy to customize them with your favorite flavors of cake and ice cream, so you’re not bound to the small handful of options that they have at the nearest ice cream shop. It isn’t difficult to stack up the layers of cake and ...
- Samurai Ice Pop MoldsDuring the summer, it seems like there are lots of movies on that you don’t get to see during the rest of the year. There are shark movie marathons, endless repeats of all the Rocky movies and a plethora of old samurai movies that make you want to grab a sword and start swinging. These ...
- Low-Fat Recipes: Floating Cucumber, Tomato, and Onion Salad4.27 / 5 Stars | 14 Reviews by MUZIC247 "A big bowl of sliced cucumbers with sweet onion and tomato is marinated overnight in a sweet and tangy balsamic dressing, then served cold." View Complete Recipe Details and Reviews
- Low-Calorie Recipes: Microwave Bread and Butter Pickles4.83 / 5 Stars | 204 Reviews by Linda "Who knew the microwave was a pickles best friend? Cucumbers, onions and spices become crisp and delicious in minutes!" View Complete Recipe Details and Reviews
- Healthy Makeover Recipes: Healthier Baked Slow Cooker Chicken4.25 / 5 Stars | 3 Reviews by MakeItHealthy "The addition of carrots, onions, and parsley make this chicken recipe healthier, tastier, and more colorful." View Complete Recipe Details and Reviews
If you like the events and recipes i bring to you each week please help with the cost of the website, if everyone that visits donated just $1.00 it would mean the world to the site and help it grow in time, let me say thank you in advance for your support and visit.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Future of food: Climate change and air pollution will combine to curb food suppliesThe effects of air pollution on the ozone, coupled with higher global temperatures could combine to reduce crop yields. However effects will vary by region, say researchers.
- Protein: the bridge to fitness for the rest of usWe have become a nation of fitness and nutrition go-getters, as evidenced by the skyrocketing number of fitness and nutrition apps and the mainstreaming of the sports nutrition market.
- Russian all-natural snack start-up: 'We’re catching the wave, not chasing it'The Marc Bakery aims to transform its $1m Russian snack business into $45m in just three years – a possible goal in a country where all-natural remains nascent, its founder says.