My name is George, Welcome to the site, This Website was started for the love of food, cooking and eating, finding new places to explore all over Long Island and New York, I want people to read the great things there are in cooking and exploring different cultures that we have all over Long Island, we will bring you recipes to try, food and drinks, restaurant reviews and events, videos of the places we go and see, foods we eat, just a lot of fun, I started my journey in cooking at a young age watching my grandma Wright and my mom cook all kinds of foods the old ways back then there wasn’t any microwaves everything was from scratch. As i got out of school i landed a great job with chef Andy Whitcomb at a cafeteria they used to run in Bethpage I started at the bottom and worked my way up the ladder learning all i could along the way till one day i became the head chef, I was cooking for 500 people a day it was great for a few years then i went to work for The Skyline princess a cruise ship that did tours and weddings i became in time the commander and kitchen manager there for a few years till i got burnt out from 20 hour days. from there i went into catering with chef Frank Sullivan a great guy but a lonely man lol sorry Frank. ( a little inside joke). After a few years there i wanted to experience what a real working kitchen was like with making food to order so i signed on with Frank pignataro at E.B. ELLIOT’S in Freeport was a great experience but the three floors i had to climb up each day for prep work and bringing supplies up and down wore my knees out with my weight, so now i work with my wife Ailyn the boss at George Parsons Roofing and Siding in Franklin Square, but i still cook almost everyday for me and my wife i wont stop i love it.
- Impossible Coconut Custard Pie CupcakesDuring the fall, one of my favorite recipes to make is for my Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes. They’re pumpkin pie in a unique single-serving format that is perfect for pumpkin lovers who don’t want to make a traditional pie every single time they want a pumpkin dessert. The cupcakes also don’t need a crust, so ...
- Pi Baking MoldIf you are a bit of a math geek, you might already know that March 14th is Pi Day. It has this designation because 3/14 is the start of the number pi (π, or 3.14159…). Pi Day is often celebrated with slices of actual pie, due to the similar sound of their names, but you ...
- Low-Fat Recipes: Summer Berry Compote4.7 / 5 Stars | 9 Reviews by Amelia "A refreshing dessert or snack of fresh summer berries with a hint of fresh fennel. Serve with cream if desired." View Complete Recipe Details and Reviews […]
- Low-Calorie Recipes: Marinated Greek Chicken Kabobs4.4 / 5 Stars | 171 Reviews by katplusgoll "Chicken pieces are marinated in a blend of yogurt and feta, and grilled on skewers with onions and green peppers." View Complete Recipe Details and Reviews […]
- Healthy Makeover Recipes: Healthier Apple Pie by Grandma Ople4.36 / 5 Stars | 11 Reviews by MakeItHealthy "This healthier version of grandma's traditional apple pie reduces the amount of white sugar but still tastes just as delicious." View Complete Recipe Details and Reviews […]
If you like the events and recipes i bring to you each week please help with the cost of the website, if everyone that visits donated just $1.00 it would mean the world to the site and help it grow in time, let me say thank you in advance for your support and visit.
- Supermarket Chic, Water Into Wine and a Food Personality Quiz
- Savannah-Style Irish Potato Soup — Down-Home Comfort
- This Week’s Nutrition News Feed
- Fridge Frittata — The Weekender
- 3 Ways to Make Tofu the Best Thing Ever
- What to Watch: Family Traditions on The Kitchen and Athletes on Chopped Tournament of Stars
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Strawberry compounds could boost foods’ sweetness without sugarNaturally occurring flavour compounds in strawberries could be used to improve the flavour and sweetness of processed foods without using sweeteners, according to a study published in PLOS ONE.
- Nestlé keeps top secret under wraps during live Twitter chatHow does Nestlé get the bubbles into an Aero chocolate bar, why is food engineering dominated by men and what high tech kit produces instant coffee?